The wedding trend that is becoming more and more popular are cake pops! These cute little dessert favors are great to hand out and is easy to make. Decorating these treats are just as easy, using melted chocolate to coat and dip in sprinkles in the colors of your wedding! There are many other fun decorating tips out there that you can use to make your wedding favors.
What You’ll Need:
1 box of cake mix
1 can of frosting
Wiltons melting chocolate in any color
decorating pens (optional)
package of lollipop sticks
- Make the cake as it does on the instructions using the ingredients called. Bake until fully cooked.
- Once the cake is fully cooled, crumble the cake into small pieces, as small you can. Use your fingers to crumble the cake.
- Mix in about ½ to ¾ of the can of frosting to the crumbled cake.
- Lay a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. Begin to form your cake balls with the cake and frosting mixture. If the cake mixture begins to crack, add a little more frosting.
- Next, place the cookie sheet in the freezer for about 30minutes or until they are firm. Begin to melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30sec intervals and stirring so that the chocolate does not begin to dry out.
- Please one end of the lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and place into the cake ball about halfway thru. The melted chocolate will help hold the stick onto the cake ball.
- Wait until the chocolate is fully dry to begin dipping the cake pops into the melted chocolate.
- Dip the pops into the melted chocolate but make sure they are fully covered so that you can’t see any of the cake.
- Place the pops onto the Styrofoam block with the lollipop stick in the block, to harden.
- Decorate with sprinkles before the chocolate hardens so that it sticks. If you are decorating with piping icing, wait until the chocolate is hard.
Enjoy this great DIY wedding favor project for cake pops!