There are 12 months in a year, 365 days in a year, and nearly 6,200 couples getting married in the United States every day, according to Sound Vision. Considering that many couples will get married, you should make sure that your guests are able to attend your wedding day. In order to prepare them, a date and a time will be sufficient. If you are aware of when your wedding will take place, allow your guests enough time to mark their calendars. How do you ensure attendance on your wedding day? Well, create save the date invitations. Continue to read this article with an umbrella by your side because I am here to create a brainstorm method of save the date ideas! Weddings are costly; therefore, lessen your budget by customizing or creating your own save the date invitations. How do you go about doing that? Here are ten suggestions:
1.) Roses are red, wedding bells will ring; but saving the date is the most important thing! Create a poem!
- For example:
We met in New Jersey near the bay,
We have been together ever since then,
He got down on one knee as he proposed to me
I said, “I do,” and now it`s time to invite all of you!
We are happy to cordially invite you all to our special day,
So mark your calendars for the year 2013 on the 10th of May
We hope you can attend to celebrate the love we share from us to you, Holly and Jay.
- Not only will your guests mark their calendars, but they will also appreciate your creative side!
2.) Musical Cards
- If you ever walk into a convenient store such as CVS, Walgreens, or Rite Aid, take a stroll down the card isle. Notice that a number of cards contain music inside of them with either an instrumental theme song or a lyrical song. Why not create a wedding save the date musical card? Both you and your significant other can pronounce your wedding date to your guests with a musical aspect to it.
3.) Piece it together!
- Transform a cardboard box or construction paper into puzzle pieces. Embed the wedding date and time into the pieces. Construct the puzzle pieces in such a way to create a particular image such as a heart. Allow your guests to participate in the activity by putting the pieces together. It is a fun and creative way to invite your wedding guests!
4.) Words with Us
- Create a quick and easy game for your wedding guests. Create a word search! You may be thinking, “Well, word searches are pretty plain, not much color.” Well, add some color and personality to it and it will be a cute save the date invitation.
5.) Connect the Dots
- Remember when you were a child and you would enjoy connecting the dots in your favorite cartoon coloring book? Well, why not bring back a piece of your childhood? Draw an image of a wedding symbol such as a bouquet of flowers, wedding bells, etc. Then, place numbers in a small font directing your guests where to begin connecting. Next, color code or bold the numbers representing your wedding date. Be creative!
6.) Lottery tickets
- Lottery tickets? It is a wedding not a raffle. Well, yes it is a wedding; however, the lottery consists of numbers. Use the numbers to represent your wedding day and incorporate it into a slot machine style. Here is an example of a slot machine :
- Design the lottery ticket or slot machine to your liking. Add vibrant colors; decorate the invitation with a representation of your wedding theme. If you are having a beach wedding, decorate the slots with seashells, beach balls, palm trees, etc.
7.) Opposites Attract
- Create a refrigerator magnet. This idea can go along with your poem. Put your poem on a magnet. Magnets are becoming more and more popular as save the date invitations.
8.) Fortune Cookies
- Create a message such as: You will be attending a wedding very soon or Love is in the air, I can hear the wedding bells ring. Then, on the back of the message put the wedding date. It`s a neat way to invite your guests.
- Photo booths remind me of carnivals or fun events. You and your significant other can take pictures and post them like a photo booth image with the wedding date present. It is different from most save the date invitations and it is fun to create.
10.) I can predict the future…you are attending the wedding!
- Fortune tellers! Origami art! Design a fun and creative way for you’re save the date invitation! Design an origami fortune teller consisting of your wedding day and fun facts about you and your significant other!
I hope your umbrella is not soaked. The brainstorming method of save the date ideas has come to an end for this article; however, there are still plenty of other options and creative ways to make your wedding day memorable. If you happen to use any of these ideas listed above, I am sure your guests will be sure to mark their calendars. Continue to brainstorm save the date ideas, shock your guests with your creativity, and have fun!